From The Gospel According to Bruce Springsteen by Jeffrey B. Symynkywicz - posted in full with comments on NPR.
1. The world has gone awry.
2. There is a power within the souls of men and women to transcend the world and to achieve real victories in spite of the world.
3. The world is as it is.
4. Life without connections is empty and dangerous.
5. Our stories symbolize something deeper.
6. Life is embodied.
7. It's all about change.
8. There is no guarantee of success.
9. Hope is resilient.
10. There is always something more.